I had only heard of this award once before, but I wasn’t a blogger back then so didn’t know what it was about. Now that I got nominated myself by BooksFaithLove I realised how precious this award is. It spreads some truly good vibes and I was so happy to see I was nominated, I truly felt honoured. Thank you, BooksFaithLove, it truly made my day!
There are a few rules to the award and nominations, which are benefiting the discovery of fellow bloggers and learn more about them.
The rules are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in your blog post and link back to her/his blog.
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers to receive the awards and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine blogger award logo in your post on your blog.
These are the questions I got from BooksFaithLove:
1. How did you discover blogging?
I knew about blogging for years, but never knew what to blog about. When I finally learned people use their blogs for simple things like reviews or just expressing your opinion regarding books and things related, I realised you don’t need to be a beauty-pro or traveler to have a blog and I decided to give it a go.
2. What are your hobbies outside of writing?
Reading, which is obvious for the people who know and follow me, gaming, and collecting geeky figures/other items.
I love Blizzard games, as those are the ones I started with when I started to game as a hobby. The one I spent the most time on is easily World of Warcraft as I have played it a ton for three years.
Collecting has been a thing since I was little. Back then I collected stones and shells, now I have shelves full of books, Funko Pop!s, other figures and bookish goodies.
3. If money wasn’t an issue, where would you travel?
I would love and go make a trip through the whole UK. I have been to London recently, but I want to explore more. I’d really love to go to the Scottish Highlands one day, and that may or may not have been influenced by the series Outlander.
4. What is your dream collab job? Working with a specific author or brand?
Currently, I’d love to become a regular reviewer for a bigger author or publisher.
5. What songs are you currently obsessed with?
Not specific songs, but a playlist on Spotify really. It is called A Walk Alone and the music is exactly what you expect from the title: something you listen to when you are alone with your thoughts, so really calm and beautiful really. If you’d like to listen to it, click here.
6. What TV show, movie or book do you refuse to watch/read?
Shadow Hunters, the TV series. Before anyone is going to shoot me, hear me out: I knew about the movie, City of Bones, long before it was a book series. I watched the movie and really liked the story and I loved Lily Collins as Clary. When I realised, there weren’t anymore movies, I found out about the series. I watched about one and a half episode and some actors (and acting) of the characters were so different and the story was pacing so slow compared to the movie, I rather wanted to watch something else. I am, however, planning on reading the books and I think that reading the story is just more fit for me than watching it.
7. What’s a personal interest that most people don’t know about?
Still, a ton of people don’t know I play online videogames like World of Warcraft or Overwatch. And when I tell people, they look at me like I just told them I married an alien (yes, exactly what you are thinking right now). Gaming is a big part of my life and it just sucks I am unable to share it more with the world.
8. What’s your favorite single day on the calendar?
Not a single day, but I always like it when it is the 21st of the month. I don’t know why, I just like it.
9. What’s an annoying question that people constantly ask you?
“How are you lately?” I usually see people only once in a while (think about weeks or months) and due to a lot of physical and mental issues, I go to the docter or hospital very often. They all want updates everytime and I am just done reciting that list every time. I want to talk about other things aswell, you know?
10. What is something you could talk for hours and hours about?
Stories, in every form. May it be a book, a movie or a video game, I love talking about and digging up new parts of stories. For example, explaining to others that Gandalf was actually dropping a hint towards the rest of fellowship with “Fly, you fools!”.
11. How different was your life one year ago?
Completely different. I was barely able to go to school, I felt sick all the time and I had less ‘room’ in my head to do simple things as going outside or joing my mom while doing groceries. I am by far not at the place I want to be, but I am really happy at my new school, I met my boyfriend, I go outside more often and I have a generally more positive vision at life.
- Layla (but I call her Kaz) @ Readable Life
- Sam @ Sleepy Sam Reads
- Rain @ Bookdragonism
- Jamsu @ Jamsu Dreams
- Kaleena @ Reader Voracious
- Hâf @ The Library Looter
- Nicka Jeroa @ Read By Nicka
I know I should nominate 11 people, but then I would be adding people just for the adding without actually meaning it for 100%. This feels a lot better!
These are your questions:
- What author do you own the most books of and how many?
- Dog ears or bookmarks? Why?
- Do you usually stick to one genre or do you hop from genres every book you read?
- Are your shelves just filled witg neat rows of books or are thet drowned in (bookish) goodies aswell?
- What is your prefered reading spot? Can be your favourite in real, but can be made up as well.
- Thick pills or thin novellas?
- If you could only read books by one author for the rest of your life, no others, which do you chose? (This includes books already published, upcoming titles and the pace of new releases suits your reading pace.)
- Hardback or paperback? Why?
- When an animal appears in a book and plays a role (so has more than just a few pages screentime (pagetime?)), what do you do?
- If you could meet the first author that came to mind when reading this question, who would you meet?
- From the books you have read this year, which character would you bring on tour around the world and why?
I once again want to say how grateful I am for the nomination! Thank you all, as without my readers it wouldn’t have happened.