Table of Contents
- General Information
- Accepting Books
- My Reviews
- Review Structure
- Star Rating
- Author Guest Posts and Interviews
- (Book)blogger Guest Posts and Collaborations
I am currently accepting select Middle Grade, Young Adult & Adult books for reviewing. Books are selected based on the following information & personal preference. You can send all emails to ezziesbookshelf at gmail dot com.
I can leave reviews on multiple platforms. Usually I post reviews on both Goodreads and my blog (with a Goodreads link to both the book and my review). If it is prefered, I’m open for using other or multiple platforms, (Amazon for example), but that needs to be specified in our contact.
I accept print/e-book ARCs & finished copies. I almost certainly accept books that are already on my TBR or sequels/other parts of a series I already started reading (Click here for my ”read”-list). However, if the book is part of a series & I haven’t start reading the series (yet) or the offered book doesn’t follow up the last book I’ve read from the series, I might need the previous books aswell. For e-books, I use the Kobo Aura H2O. I only accept ePUB files.
I do NOT accept audiobooks. I don’t accept audiobooks as I can’t focus on them for various reasons. Any other format should be discussed, but my biggest preference will always be a physical, printed book or an e-book.
The easiest answer to ”Do I want the book?” is looking if the book is on my TBR-list. You can explore the rest of my Goodreads shelves to discover my interests. Below, I made a rough guideline of the genres I do and do not like. Again, you can always contact me if you are not sure or the particular genre isn’t mentioned.
I accept books in the following genres:
- Action and Adventure
- Fairy tale/myth retellings
- Graphic novels
I consider books of following genres, since I sometimes find myself liking books of these genres, but not always.
- Short story collections
- Books about (mental) illnesses or other ”issues”
- Other kinds of drama
- Historical fiction
I am NOT accepting books in the following genres:
- Extremely political or “hot button” topics
- Overly religious fiction (Pagan/wiccan/witchcraft etc. can be discussed!)
- Historical non-fiction
Even if I accept a book for a review I can’t 100% guarentee a review. I really do my best to read and review books I recieve for reviewing purposes as soon as possible or by the date we agreed upon. Not recieving a review doesn’t have anything to do with liking/not liking a book, because I review it regardless of my opnion and/or if I have finished it. It is more that I’m still human & I have a life outside reading & blogging and real life will always be my first priority. If it happens that I’m somehow not able to review it in time, I will notify you and I do make an effort to post the postponed review as soon as possible anyway. In the rare occasion I simply can’t finish the book, I still review it, but in a different manner as I will also explain why I DNF’ed (Did Not Finish) it.
Please note: The more time you contact me in advance, the bigger the chance it will be reviewed in time & the more time I can put it. For my casual reading, which I don’t schedule, I spend between 3-8 days reading a book, depending on circumstances, and another few on uploading the review. However, if you need a review by a certain date or within a certain timeframe, I will need to schedule it. I prefer to be contacted atleast 3 months prior to date you need the review, so I have the book ~2 months prior.
I’m not a literary critique, I’m just a reader with a strong opinion. This said, I write my reviews in a casual-formal manner, because that’s my prefered writing style & it speaks to most people (that’s the whole point of reviews right?). I try to review every book I finish or even DNF sooner or later. I post my reviews on both my blog and on Goodreads, or another platform if requested.
My reviews are a reflection of my honest opinion, so they can be positive and negative. I try to explain as well as possible what I thought of a book. If I personally didn’t like a book, I will explain why I didn’t like it without writing mean, nasty, snarky etc. comments on either the book or the author.
Please note: In the extremely rare occasion I end up DNF-ing a book, I’ll write an explanation of the book in question instead of a full review. The term DNF means ‘Did Not Finish’ and is used for books you just couldn’t finish due various reasons. When I can’t finish a book, I’ll write a post different from a regular review stating I did not finish it, the reason(s) why I couldn’t, on what page I stopped, my personal opinion of the part I did read and if I ever plan on picking up the book again.
My review structure isn’t set in stone and neither are the things listed below always in that order. I do try to include all the listed elements in every review. I try to minimalize spoilers in my reviews, so I don’t go into too much detail about some aspects, so people can still enjoy the book after reading my reviews without getting spoiled. If prefered I can include & exclude certain elements to your liking, however this must be discussed and agreed upon.
- Picture of the book. I use a self taken picture of the cover of the copy I own as highlighted picture.
- Title. Review: <title book> (Name series #) by <name writer>
- Quote. A quote that I liked, touched me, I couldn’t get out of my head or that represents the book really well.
- Star rating. A rating based on my personal opinion. I used to end with the star rating, but I decided to start with it from now on. (Details about this are written underneath the ‘Star Rating’ head below.)
- Little introduction of the post and book. Think of a comment on the quote, where I got the book, why I decided to read it, etc. This element may vary.
- What I liked & what I didn’t like. My opinion about the book or parts of the book & sometimes isolating certain details.
- Conclusion. Concluding how good (or bad) the book was & if I recommend it to others.
- Links to reviews of other books in the series or written by the same writer. When I have read and reviewed other books in the same series as the book I am reviewing or other books by the same writer, I add the links to those reviews to the bottom of the post.
- Goodreads link to the book. A clickable Goodreads link leading directly to the Goodreads page of the book, so people can add it to their TBR, read up on details, read reviews there, etc.
- A link to my review on Goodreads. I also include the link to my Goodreads review. My GR review will probably Always be exactly or almost the same as my blog review, but it gives people the chance to comment on my reviews on another platform and discuss.
I use a star rating system for my reviews. I use 5 stars to rate books and I put a little impression of the meaning, but usually the context in a review says enough.
- ★★★★★ I really liked the book! Nothing major I disliked & would love to read more of this author/series!
- ★★★★☆ This was a good read for me. Not perfect, but still a book I would recommend to others!
- ★★★☆☆ I enjoyed the read, I didn’t regret reading it, but I’m not sure if I would want to read more in this series/from this author.
- ★★☆☆☆ I did enjoy things in the book (writing, concept, etc.), but just not my thing. Wouldn’t recommend this book.
- ★☆☆☆☆ I really disliked this book. Not my taste, my kind of writing or something else. Wouldn’t recommend this book.
I’m more than happy to host a giveaway for you! Due the nature of my blog & my bookstagram being book related, I want to restrict the prize to be a book or book related goodies. For the book, I prefer to have read it myself, but if I haven’t, please refer to the same requirements as I use for my reviews. An option is to send me a copy of the book for reading and reviewing purposes, but not required.
Information I’ll need:
- Title/Author/Other items etc.
- Platform (Instagram, blog, both etc.)
- Format of the book (ARC, hardcover, softcover, audiobook, e-book)
- Shipping requirements (US, US/CA, Europe, International, etc.)
- Run time of the giveaway]
- Entry requirements
- Any additional information you would like included (photo of prize, blurb, signed?, etc.)
Entries will be compiled in a Google Docs document (which I’ll share with you) and I will use Random.org to draw a winner.
Author Guest Posts and Interviews
For now, I’m only doing author guest posts of authors from books I’ve read or plan to read. However, if you l want a guest post sometime, you can still contact me. Either I have time to do it or I can add you to a mailing list I’ll use to contact you when I open up for guest posts for other authors. Details are to be discussed in any way.
The points listed below are the details I’d like to have included in the post. You cant it all yourself (or together if you prefer) and you can add anything else you like.
- Your name and a short introduction of yourself.
- The name of your book(s) and short description of your book
- Links I can include in the post, such as Goodreads links of both your author page and books, personal blog/website, social media etc.
- The month/date you would like to be featured*
- If you would like to include a giveaway. (If so, refer to the details mentioned above)
I usually will add something of my own on the end or the beginning (or both) of the post. Such as a little introduction, how it was to work together, which books I read from you, how we came in contact etc. I leave your part untouched after you wrote it and we both agreed on the content. I’ll share the draft of the whole post with you to read before I publish it.
*I prefer to recieve the request atleast a month and a half in advance, so after all details are gone through, I have about a month to work on it. More time is better and has a better guarentee on good quality and being finished on time. I am busy enough keeping up with my own posts that I need to plan these carefully and I want to deliver quality so both sides benefit.
Note: I don’t do any interviews at the moment.
(Book)blogger Guest Posts and Collaborations
I like working together with other bloggers and I like collaborating. You are always welcome to contact me with ideas, such as a blog series you want to do together, want to write a post to published on my blog, write a post for eachother’s blog, ask me some questions to feature, or anything else. I have a busy schedule outside of holidays, sometimes in them aswell, so I can’t promise fast results all the time as I want to deliver quality for the benefit of both parties. Depending on the kind of post(s), it can take up to a few weeks for me and I always try my best to do it faster.